Skip to main content

Mama Needs New Shoes

One of my acquaintances and fun Facebook friends posted tonight, "Rough day? Well, tell Him about it.......then buy new shoes!" Wish I had read that a little earlier - I SO would have gone shopping tonight! Of course, her post was accompanied by a picture of the cutest little wedges...

I didn't make it shopping, but I can certainly fulfill the first part of her statement. And as I sit down to read my daily Bibile reading...trudging through Deuteronomy this week...I come across this gem in 33:27 "The Lord is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." Rough day? God is your refuge... Too often we look to material possessions, jobs, friends, money, and more for comfort during difficult times. I am certainly not going to deny that a new pair of shoes hasn't superficially gotten me through a crisis on occasion, but they fall into that category of treasures on earth that moths and rust destroy(Matt 6:19). For that permanent comfort that we all crave and that strong refuge that we need to run into, only God will suffice. Shoes wear out, but He will never leave us or forsake us.(Joshua 1:5)

Rough day? Well, tell Him about it...then let Him comfort you and give you peace. Trust Him to take care of the outcome or to strengthen you through what needs to be done. Give it to Jesus....then go get that cute little pair of wedges just for the fun of it!

I am SO going shoe shopping tomorrow....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leaving Your Nets

Matthew 4:20 "AT ONCE they left their nets and followed Him (Jesus)."  Matthew 4:20 records the response of Peter and Andrew to the call of Jesus to be his disciples. They literally walked off the job and into ministry. We have the advantage of viewing this story with hindsight and the scripture, but Peter and Andrew were in the moment... Jesus was a hometown boy, a carpenter. He hadn't really started his ministry, yet. Surely he had been preaching in the area and the disciples knew what kind of man he was. But still... Fishing was a major industry around the Sea of Galilee and most fisherman belonged to family owned business. Can you imagine old Zebedee's face when somebody walked in his "office" and told him Peter and Andrew had taken off with the new preacher? How do you go home and tell your wife that you walked off the job for a ministry with no pay? How do you feed your kids? Their security was gone. Their income was gone. Possibly a few r

Love's Pure Light

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 I have a confession.  I have been more than a little 'bah humbug' this year. I don't really know why. We are settled in our new house this year. Grandkids have come and gone and are still coming and going. It's been a beautiful, tropical Florida Christmas season. We did a great program at our church. And, yet, I'm just not feelin' it...  Until tonight. Tonight was our annual Christmas Eve candlelight service at church. It is undeniably one of my favorite services every year and is always packed. Tonight was no different.  During the weeks leading up to the holiday, our pastor has been preaching a series of sermons called "The Light of Christmas" from the first chapter of John. Our Christmas musical was also themed around the light. And tonight, I saw the light. Because I was singing with our Praise

Inspired by Obedience

And He said to all, "If any would come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me." Luke 9:23 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:20 - 21 I have only known in my life one person that truly personified those verses. In 2009, one of our youngest, most energetic ministers was taken to the hospital emergency room with chest pain. He was healthy and athletic. He taught PE at our local high school. This trip to the hospital began a journey that would last the next three years and affect more lives than anyone could have ever anticipated. Mike Storter was diagnosed with an aggressive form of leukemia. Mike immediately began treatments for his disease and for a short period during these years was considered cancer-free. It was a