1. Note Daniel's humility in the beginning. He places himself in an attitude of humility and mourning.
2. Daniel includes himself with all Israel. Even though, he led an exemplary life, he confesses his sin along with the rest of the nation. All of the pronouns are plural.
3. Israel was punished according to Deuteronomy 28. Even though we are no longer under the law, we can still experience the judgement of God if we do not turn back as a nation.
4. Daniel finished with intensity. Note the exclamation points. Listen! Forgive! Hear! Act! He is begging God with everything he has to act on behalf of his country.
5. In the verses following his prayer, we find that God answered his prayer AS SOON AS HE BEGAN TO PRAY because Daniel was highly esteemed. This message came from an angel of God. God highly esteemed Daniel! Oh, that we would live our lives in such a way that we would be esteemed of God!